Monday, January 11, 2010

the Christmas Break that never ended

Cara and her finger-paints!



We paid one million dollars to see a movie (on a weeknight) because it was still considered a "holiday." Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel - so not really worth paying to see in a theatre but I think the kids occasionally need to be able to experience going to the movies. It just amazes me how much has changed since I went as a kid - I'm sure for my elders, as well!
Cara and Collin both got puzzles in their stockings. Cara's was only 100 pieces and we had a fun hour putting it together. Collin's was 500+ and we spent 2 days on it and then it sat on the kitchen table for a week unanswered. Even Mommy didn't have the courage to attempt to conquer it = no cool Cars "completed!" picture here.

And, ah, the snow. My driveway was shoveled 5 times in two weeks. I love winter and if it's going to be cold I think it should snow - but we've definitely been overly blessed this year. It was so much fun, though. Really wish it would have packed for a snowman. We had enough to build a city. Cara and Collin did attempt 3 different igloos throughout the yard - which was cool.

The kids were delayed going back to school for a week and while I almost completely lost my sanity, we managed to survive and are happily back into routine!


No comments: